Magnetic Rope Inspection
The view into the rope
Non-destructive testing of ropes
Magneto-inductive rope testing (MRT) has been THE test method of choice for many years when it comes to non-destructive testing of steel wire ropes of all kinds.
The wire rope is magnetized to magnetic saturation (> 1.9 Tesla). Defects in the rope interfere with this magnetic field, which leads to stray fields that can be measured.
In this way, a large number of rope damages can be detected at an early stage:
- internal and external broken wires
- internal and external corrosion
- clamping points
- structural changes
The test is carried out quickly and easily at a speed of up to 4 m/s (approx. 14 km/h or 13 ft/s). The evaluation of the measurements is subsequently carried out by our experienced inspectors.
Large operating range
ROTEC GmbH offers non-destructive rope testing for a diameter range from 4 to 140 mm (0,16” to 5,5”) and beyond if required.
As a customer you will receive a comprehensive report with a detailed description of the rope condition and recommendations for care and maintenance.
All kinds of steel wire ropes testable
All types of steel cables can be magnetically tested by us:
- Conveyor, traction, carrying, tensioning and anchorageropes for cable cars.
- Haulage ropes of ski lifts
- hoisting ropes of cranes, ship hoists, container bridges, excavators, lifts
- Support cables for bridges, transmission masts, cable structures, stadiums, ferries, ZipLines,
- hoisting ropes of observation towers, roller coasters etc.
If your application is not listed, please contact us.